Thanks for joining us at the Island Tribe 5 Walkthrough, the fifth installment of a wonderful time/resource management series. Here you will find everything you need to complete this great game with expert times. Included are step-by-step instructions and screenshots. We hope you enjoy our Island Tribe 5 Walkthrough.
- To achieve the coveted gold time, you need to finish the level in expert time plus pick up an adequate quantity of diamonds and find the hidden artifacts.
- For picking up diamonds, always pick them up on the way to picking something else up as you do not return to camp after picking up diamonds.
- At the beginning of each level, you will be shown the color and shape of the artifacts you need to find.
- Once you find an artifact and complete the level you will not need to find it again, so you might want to find them the first time through, accept the score, and come back later.
- Four levels, hard, normal, easy and no time. The only differences between these modes is how long you have to finish the level.
- The walkthrough was written on the hard mode, so all modes will work with the guide.
- All levels start off with most of the area in fog. Usually the fog can be cleared bit by bit as you move along picking things up and building.
- Repairing totems will clear up large areas of fog all at once.
- Totems usually cost either 5 wood or 5 stone to repair
- Hovering the cursor around a building or item will bring up a description over the item and a circle around the item.
- Green circle means you have the ability to immediately go there.
- Blue circle means you have the resources but no worker available; however, you can click on the item to queue it up.
- Red circle means your way is blocked or you do not have the resources needed.
- You can queue up jobs as long as they are available. Your worker will need to return to the camp whenever he has picked up anything (except diamonds).
- Camp workers do not upgrade the production buildings; but rather the building worker.
- There are many different kinds of resources in this game, but the basic ones are wood, stone, and water. There are a variety of farm products available depending on your location.
- All types of resources are available on the road blocking your way at +1 units
- Obstacles of wood and stone on the road can vary between +2 to +3 units
- As you work further in the game, you will be able to upgrade up to 3 stars for production buildings and 4 stars for the camp.
- Usually a production building will start as with no stars and need repairing.
- If an upgrade is available you will see a blue star over the building.
- When you hover the cursor over the blue star, it will turn green if you have the wood to upgrade and red if you do not.
- Your building worker will perform upgrades.
- In the sea, pearl farms require kelp and crab farms require pearls.
- Grain farm, oil farm, and apiary requires water to produce.
- Cow farm, chicken farm, and pig farm all require grain and water. You cannot upgrade one of these buildings until you deliver the grain and water.
- Buildings require the same amount of resources for all upgrade levels.
- You may want to consider upgrading these buildings as completely as possible as quickly as possible once they start producing.
Merchants are available on different levels where you can trade one item for another item.