These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Virtual Families Forum

Walkthrough
PC Download Apple App Store Google Play Store

Hi, How do I get my Children to wo...

Hi,
How do I get my Children to work....He is 18 now and i have draged him to the workshop, office, and Kitchen, and he will not work. Help what im I doing wrong??????????

By lindsey
05/22/2009
You have to go to the family tree thing and press the button to move everyone out of the house. Then you have to adopt him. Then he will have a job!

Hope it helped!!!
By tara
07/27/2009
Children don't have careers/jobs like in the other Virtual people games. Kids can do chores, prepare meals, anything that the parents do (except "work on career") at age 14. Around 18-20 they leave for college and are gone from the game. Once one of the parents die, then you have the chance to pass the house on to one of the kids and then they will be given a random career.
Have fun!
By lindsey
07/07/2013
You have to wait until his parents die. Then, it will take you to the family tree and you have to click New generation. Pick him and then it will let him work. Good luck. I hope this helped!!
By adriennelove98
08/22/2014
Well the kids don't work as long as they live with their parents, even if they're 18, you just have to wait till the next generation when that kid is now an adult. Never really thought about it before but how great would it be if they could? 3+ incomes..nice..anyway sorry bout the long answer but hope I helped ! :)
These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.