These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Farm Tribe Forum

Walkthrough
PC Download Apple App Store Mac Download

Still lost

By kestrel
05/11/2011
But my question now is clearer. I don't know how to unlock any of the tools or whatever. I have thousands of dollars and hundreds of tech points, but apparently that's not enough. Except the walkthrough (last) mentions things like tools are 50 tp, and they should open unless I'm supposed to do something special, right?
By bethann
05/12/2011
I'm wondering if you didn't trigger some task. Where exactly are you in the game? What is your current task? What have you built so far? Maybe I can figure it out if I knew how far along you were.
By kestrel
05/12/2011
Thank you for hanging in there, Bethanne!
I have a flowerbed, a small plot for potatoes, a storage hut, a large houseish thing and a small one which my people repair all the time. All buildings are locked, the only things I can buy is help, salt and pepper, and even the scarecrow is grayed; I bought one when it made it available for the potatoes during the tutorial. I have $40,000, 30,000 techpoints, and 10 workers. I can't hire more, it tells me, till I build more. Can't build more space because the buildings are locked.

I got an order and filled it during the tutorial; there have been none since.

I have all but two of the collection finished; can't seem to find the last two (a coin and a snail). The villagers' only response when I move them around is "what is it? I don't know." I can cook jam and french fries, both of them introduced magically during the tutorial.

I hope this helps. It has been like this over a month -- I went off and bought Virtual Villagers and have played it all the way through in that time, with 3 tribes.

By bethann
05/13/2011
No problems! I just tried a new game and can't quite see how you can be sitting there with no tasks to do as one always pops up right away.
Did you "feed your workers" yet?
How about "upgrade your laboratory?"
Did you every buy "Agriculture" on the technology page?

I know you don't want to start the game over since you've already done so much, but why don't you try starting another profile and play through to where you are stuck? Maybe you'll figure out where you missed something.

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help than this. I just can't quite figure out what went wrong!
By kestrel
05/14/2011
Thank you, Bethanne! I started a new game as you advise. So far, it's still in tutorial. BUT on the older one, I finished the collection, it built me a fancy decoration on the main hut, and suddenly I got offered a tomato farm, a catsup recipe, a fish farm... and my storage seems to have increased! I think there probably was something stuck in the software.

I still don't know how to expand my tribe or build new buildings, but perhaps I don't need to yet. Judging from the price of things, I have a lot of money to blow! Also tech points.

One last question, and then I promise to go back to the walkthroughs: somebody appeared saying they were out of food and could we help. I clicked on the envelope and it didn't open (it hasn't since the tutorial part). So... how do I give him food?
By bethann
05/16/2011
I think you must have a glitchy program. If you click on the envelope, it will tell you what is required. Then when you get it in storage, it is just automatically taken away from you; you shouldn't have to do anything.

Post back here if you have better luck with your second game. If you don't feel like looking for your collection pieces, the walkthrough has them all marked. It's not cheating if you did it once!
These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.