These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Community Blog Forum

Walkthrough Request

Hello? Is there anybody out there? ...

Hello? Is there anybody out there? Why are they teasing me with games about food? It really is getting too much to handle… Do you know what I would do for a slice of cake around here? One that was homemade and not stale from being left out for two days in a row? Ummmm I’m pretty sure if I didn’t eat that cake yesterday, I’m certainly not going to eat it today… especially since I recognize that crooked flower that someone poked their finger in.

Anyhow… still hanging in here at school… unlike all the other people around here, it’s not so easy for me to go back home when we have a day or two break. I’d spend most of the trip on the plane… although I’m thinking it might be worth it if I could just make it for dinner. Can’t wait till Thanksgiving break. I plan to eat myself into a food coma.

Speaking of food… I started playing the new Cake Mania game that just came out. It’s pretty cool. The one thing I really liked about it was that you aren’t just making cakes in one store. You are responsible for bringing new life back into Bakersfield’s Main Street. The big bad super store has driven out all the old businesses and the town has become dessert… I mean deserted.

Of course you start out making cakes, but then you quickly move on to all different kinds of burgers and flowers and so on. As you make money, you can buy things for all of your stores and upgrade them to fix up the town. You can also buy attractions to liven up the town. Unlike some time management games that can get boring because you are doing the same thing over and over again, Cake Mania: Main Street lets you move from store to store depending on whichever one you feel like working in.

I do have one tiny complaint, however, about this game. The speed… there are times when it is so slow, especially in the beginning before you can upgrade your equipment. Sometimes when I’m wrapping the flowers, I want to go take a nap… that’s how long it seems to take. So here’s a tip if you want to avoid waiting forever, save your money and buy the upgrades that accelerate the process for you. You’ll be happy you did.

Of course, I wind up playing these games late at night after homework and studying is done for the day, so when it’s 1 am in the morning and I’m making burgers in the game, it makes me extremely hungry… I wonder if my RA would notice a Foreman Grill in my room… hmmmm now there’s a great idea. I let you know how that works out. Till next time!

These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.