These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Fish Tycoon Forum

Walkthrough
PC Download Apple App Store Google Play Store

I started another online game on a ...

I started another online game on a different site. This time I'm making sure my sale fish are reasonably priced. ;)
Anyway, I had a bunch of eggs and when they hatched I got the "You have discovered the magic fish of fertility" message. And yes, I did have a Greenfin Spotanus... but it didn't have the sparkles. Instead I have a Greenfin Beta that sparkles and appears in the trophy room. It's original price was $59 (I think) and the Spotanus's price was $9. Possibly a glitch? -friedbread

By unknown_reader
10/28/2006
Hmm. Ya got me. I actually have not gotten any of the magical fish on the Online Version. I actually had noticed that someone had posted the "Magical Fish of Fertility" as the Greenfin Beta before, not the Greenfin Spotanus. It could be that on the Online version, the Greenfin Beta is the Magical Fish of Fertility.

I may be wrong, but I *think* the online version is an older Beta test of the game. It reacts differently in quite a few places. It could be that from that Beta to the full version, they decided to change the Magical Fish of Fertility. But then again, I do not know, and probably only a handful of the game designers would know (for sure). But, I think that the online version being an older Beta test is the case, and there would be a number of differences in gameplay and such as they developed the game.
By friedbread
10/29/2006
Hm... but on a different site's online version the Greenfin Spotanus was magical. I trying to get another Greenfin Spotanus or Beta on that game to see if it will happen again. You have a good theory though. A bit ironic isn't it that we are dealing with a problem that may be from the Beta version and the fish we're focussing on is a beta?

By unknown_reader
10/29/2006
The Magic Fish

Greenfin Spotanus: Fertility
Speckled Leaffish: Sustenance
Crimson Comet: Curing
Oriental Goldbulb: Growth
Wasp Grouper: Mutation
Orange Snooper: Health
Canary Fire-Arrow: Isola
- From Dave , 8/31/06.

Original post had Greenfin Beta listed as the magical fish of Fertility. I made the comment that I had gotten it on the full version, and was the Spotanus, and the post got changed. I think that Dave had been working on the online version somewhere, and at that site he was correct. Dave's post is the 9th one down on the Advanced Strategy section (and mine is the 10th), if you wanted to check it out.

Yes, I did think it was rather ironic that we were discussing a Beta Beta problem, but only after you brought it up! :lol:
By jay
02/17/2007
thats definatly a glitch.
By k
12/13/2009
what does the wasp grouper do? mutation???
These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.