These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Fish Tycoon Forum

Walkthrough
PC Download Apple App Store Google Play Store

I was wondering how much to price t...

I was wondering how much to price the fish. The basic ones.. not the magical ones I already have a chart for that. I want to know how much you guys got for them.. I'm wondering if I'm pricing them too low or too high sometimes.

By solidsusan
10/06/2006
I saw that someone recommended pricing all the regular fish at $500,000. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

By unknown_reader
10/07/2006
I would suggest pricing fish at the recommended (starting) price until you have researched Advertising to level 2. From there, you can up the price a bit... maybe raise the price around 25% higher. Once you have Advertising maxed, you can easily price fish for higher amounts.

Also, if you buy the ornaments, you can price even higher yet. Orange Fruitfish is originally listed at $23 (I think), but on the online version, with all the upgrades you can buy, you can sell them for $50 each VERY quickly (I usually can sell 6 at that price before all the customers are even in the store). On the full version, for some reason I do not have that kind of luck. I think I have mine set at $30 or $35, and don't sell as well there as the online version does at $50. I have purchased everything in the game on the Full version as well. It is kind of odd, but that is how it works, it seems.

A good rule of thumb for the selling of fish would be how quickly they sell at the price you have them listed at. If they fly away (like my online $50 orange fruitfish), chances are you can raise the price a bit safely. If you seem to be waiting forever for even one to sell, you may want to drop the price slightly. Pricing seems to be pretty much on an individual basis, and each person seems to get different results.

I personally tend to be impatient, so price mine a bit low, so I don't have to wait through an extended buying sequence

By unknown_reader
10/07/2006
I have not personally seen the large sale for a fish, but I have seen at least two different forum go-ers state the huge sales. There have been a few references by a few others. I have not tried selling a fish for huge amounts, but I suspect that if someone waited half an hour or so (or left the sale screen running while they are doing something else for a while), at least one such sale would occur. It may be a slim chance of happening, but it is only a matter of time (and personal luck on that time frame) before it happens.
These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.