These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Luxor 3 Forum

Walkthrough
PC Download Mac Download

As you continue to play the ga...

As you continue to play the game, moving from Easy to Medium, Hard, and then Insane, the coins become less and less valuable overall.

For example, I'm entering level 10 in Insane mode. Since I've finished Easy, Medium, and Hard, I long ago upgraded all powerups and bought all items. Therefore, the coins are only good for the "point factor" in catching them. In Insane mode you get 750 apiece for them.

However, you are better off shooting sets of 3 then bothering to collect coins - there's nowhere to spend them, and in some levels each ball turns out to be worth 1,000 or more! Plus, the game is harder, so you might really need the extra time spent chasing coins.

Going into Level 10 in Insane mode, my score is 21,293,416 and I have a huge collection of 2717 worthless Ankh coins. All of these extra coins account for only about 10% of my score ( 2717 X 750 = 2037750)...and many of these coins were caught in Medium and Hard and were worth only 250 or 500 respectively.

I'm not saying don't collect them at all, but again, they are only worth 750 and there's nowhere to spend them, so don't make them a big priority after you've emptied the store. Shooting the balls, catching the treasures, or using the reflectors is much more worthwhile.

WytnoiZ

These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.