These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Build-a-lot Forum

Walkthrough
PC Download Mac Download

Does anyone know of any cheats for ...

Does anyone know of any cheats for this game? I am totally stuck on Level 21 and its driving me mad!!!! Please help!!!!

By crystal
09/29/2007
Level 21
Goals (1) Own 2 Estates on premier lots (2) build a fire station (3) 4 million in cash

# In some levels you'll concentrate on aculating large amounts of cash while in others you'll concentrate on having a large rental income coming in. In level 21, for example, the goals are to build 2 premier estates, build a fire station and aculate $4,000,000 in wealth. There's no mention of rental income, so you can do these steps to aculate as much money as you can. This is an example for Level 21 but it can help you in other levels as well.

# The first thing you should do is buy a saw mill - you will need the materials savings because you want to build as many houses as you can. Buy the maximum amount of materials you can afford. You should be able to build 3 Estates, one at a time with the materials and workers you have.

# As soon as the first premier lot becomes available, buy it. It should cost approximately $180,000. You may not have enough cash on hand, so sell one of your Estate houses. If there are no upgrades on it and no other houses for sale at the time, you should be able to get approximately $300,000 for it.

# Take the money that's left over and build a workshop so that you can train additional workers at half the price and be able to inspect the houses later to keep them from needing repair. It is a good idea to train 6 additional workers so that you can perform multiple jobs at once.

# Buy as many properties that come up for sale as you can, this will help you at the end because if you own all the properties you can control how many houses go up for sale at one time thus getting your full asking price.

# Start building as many mansions as you can and upgrade them to 3 stars and inspect them as soon as you do the last upgrade. Once you inspect the house you will not need to do any further repairs, which will save your workers to do other jobs.

# Buy the blueprint for the fire station towards the end once you've aculated a large amount of cash. You can demolish your smallest property or if you still have an empty lot, build on there.

# Permits start at level 22, so you can't upgrade the houses to 4 stars (but it is good to do once you p level 21) .

# Buy a bank and designate it as a charitable institution so that you don't have to pay the taxes.

# Demolish small properties that you've purchased and build bigger houses. Once you've built your 2 Estate Houses and the Fire Station, start selling your mansions first, one at a time to get the best offer and the game will end once you hit your mark. Don't sell your 2 Premier Estates or demolish your Fire Station or you will not p the level. Even though there is a check mark next to those finished goals if you sell them it's as if you never accomplished your goals.
By helen
10/26/2007
Hey, i only have the 60 minute version can anybody help me to get the unlocked one without having to pay? Please!!!!!!
Thank you.
By mahdi
10/27/2007
This is my strategy for any of the higher levels. Using this I have ped out from each level without having any problems.

1. Build the costliest house you can build at your first turn (preferably estate).
2. Build a saw mill. (this has to be 2nd step u do because the next step is going to require more materials no matter what u build so better get the materials cheap)
3. Get more materials (u should be able to get 2500 for now) and build a warehouse and bank. Turn the bank into charitable institute as soon as it is ready (Because the next turn will bring in the tax officers)
4. While your warehouse is in construction, you still have labor left, so upgrade your estate to one star (this helps because otherwise it will get damaged needing repairs in the next step).
5. Now you r ready to roll. You can upgrade your estate upto 3 stars or get more labor and build a mansion and upgrade to 3 stars in any order.
6. Once this is done money will just keep rolling in enough amounts to keep you busy throughout the level. Go on to build more buildings and buy more plots. If empty plots are not available, buy the smaller houses and demolish them. I never demolish estates or costlier buildings as the buying price is too high that it will give me a loss if i am to demolish and build something else on its place.
7. To win a level, u should basically be never idle throughout the level, that is to say, you shouldn't have to wait for enough money at any point of time. I usually don't sell a building until the last quarter of the game but if u r short of money at any time and see u r going to be idle then sell off your first house.

Some Extra Tips

1. At the end of the game I will have around 15 - 18 workers hired out ... no specific time when u should be hiring new workers, except 2 soon after the workshop is ready to build a mansion and 2 more after upgrading the mansion and estate to get on with the castles. Once I have 3-4 castles in my hand, I'll start getting the rest of the workers as and when needed.
2. Also it is a good idea to start your upgrades as soon as the rent is received ... this way the upgrading is done before the collection of the next rent and you continue to get the rents ... I use it specially at the beginning of the level hence never fall short of money.
3. Rake in maximum possible rent and have as many buildings done by the first half of the level. Then at the second half you can start building the special buildings or collecting enough cash as required by the game. If you need to collect a lot of cash, you may consider selling your houses towards the end of the game ... do this towards the end so that you continue to receive rents till the end of the game.
These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.