These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Deep Quest Forum

Walkthrough Request PC Download

Anyone know how to get through leve...

Anyone know how to get through level 7, the sea weed level? I am getting slaughtered no matter what I do.

By sockerbayb
08/20/2007
The closest I have gotten is basically a stalemate by upgrading everything and then making a whole lot of turtles.
By skydad2
08/24/2007
Having troubles with this level also - Any suggestions?
By naturegirl
09/09/2007
It took me a long time, many tries, but this is how I did it: I pulled all my troops over to the left fortress and focused my growth there. (Yes, I lost the right fortress. :) I put many sea gnomes on the crystal and magma mining. I built only merboys and tridents. I filled the cue of each training facility and used the group I had ready to defend attacks only. I was able to train more while the others were battling. I kept this kind of battling going on throughout the game. However, ....there comes a time when the crystals run out. So, then I took a small group of fighters and two gnomes over to where the right fortress was and built a new one (because of the resources). By this time, I think you will have fought off most of the stragglers, so it shouldn't be too difficult. You may have to lose the left fort to the enemy, but you shouldn't need it after a little while. I also ran low of resources here and built a new fortress a little further above the one on the right. There are two great resources of crystals there. Oh, yeah, and for protection I also built new merboy and trident facilities each time I built a fortress, and I kept a constant pace of training. I would say that this is the only point where it is advisable to take groups out to seek out the enemy and fight them. - I hope this helps. Maybe someone will find a simpler way. Good luck :)
By girlgang
09/09/2007
i build scouts and have them build towers (remember to upgrade your fortress)

build lotsa hamlets and started mining furiously. the towers kept the enemy at bay while i was able to slowly build up.

u hv to keep switching from one side to the other side. managing both is quite tough but u will reach a pt when the attacks are easily squashed by your defenders with the help of towers of course.

then start to clear the path between the two forts.. so that movement of troops from one side to the other is free for reinforcing one another

when i had quite a bit of resources and 100 units.. i started to focus on building lots of towers... then i started to send my gnomes up - for spying at the same time to kill them off to make space for combat units...

a couple of healers helped .. i like them and effective only in beginning , not so useful in later part

also, your gnomes can repair buildings and your scouts repair towers.. the AI is not so tough.. so while they attack your structures u can repair them while u send the combat uits to wipe them out

i started my push from the right side.. majority of my forces were used.. abt 90%,, i was taking a risk.. hoping that the towers from my left camp will hold and that any units that die will be trained for the left camp so that new units may respawn there to reinforce

my favourite tactic is to use a couple of units to skirmish then lure them to the towers where they get totally wacked.. repeat a couple of times then advance..

hope this helps
These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.