These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Virtual Villagers 1: A New Home Forum

Walkthrough
PC Download Apple App Store Google Play Store

How to teach the children that goin...

How to teach the children that going to school?

By jj
09/06/2006
You have to have a master scientist and he will automatically teach the kids

When you hit the drum and the children come, drag a master scientist to the school and he will begin teaching.
By fareast
09/11/2006
What if he doesn't teach?
By you and me
09/12/2006
the scientist will teach the kids, just dont forget about the drum at the right of the school house. it tells the kids and the scientist it is time for school.
By frustrated
09/13/2006
After hitting the drum and when all the kids have gathered, i dragged a master scientist to the school house. That scientist just keeps moving off to do something else, no matter how many times i tried. Is there a foolproof way of making the master scientist teach the kids?
By you and me
09/13/2006
if the scientist does not come to the school, increase your science and spirituality levels, this might make the scientist teach the kids. If not, you may need to solve a puzzle before the scientist teaches the kids.If that does not happen, it might be time for a new scientist.
By someone
09/17/2006
THE MASTER SCIENTIST DOES NOT TEACH! BELIVE ME! I ASKED A PROFESSIONAL! plus i tried it myself!
By justbeachy
09/23/2006
the school is built so that the kids who are born have more skills. they can't really learn anything from the school
By you and me
09/24/2006
Yeah, I know the master scientist does not teach the kids, as I thought. Instead the jerk just goes back to his table or does his/her thing. I TRIED IT WITH EVERY SCIENTIST AND THEY WON'T TEACH THOESE BRATS!!!!
By shortstuff
03/18/2007
there really is no teacher.Kids are just born with more skill.THERE ISN'T A TEACHER PEOPLE. ANYTHING YOU'VE HEARD ABOUT A TEACHER, IS A LIE!
By alexsa
06/14/2007
yes they do teach i did it
By shenae
01/10/2008
but it's still fun to watch all the little kids run to the same place! ;D
By atl (all thing live)
05/31/2011
To all who have been wondering,
Your villagers can teach, I was playing the game when one of my villagers said they were teaching. So tah dah! It is true. I will reply again once I get her to do that again and figure it out.
By anna
06/11/2014
really
By amy
07/25/2014
Haha doesn't really work though. I have a master scientist and I kept dragging her to the school she doesn't do anything. Plus all my master scientists are breeding. Maybe I'll try again later. Thanks for the advice anyways!
By mystery gal
08/02/2014
How do I make the cloth hut plz help
By klf
08/12/2014
I dont get it but I think when the kids are all waiting coz the master scientist is reasertching maybe he's showing the kids how to research so... yeah
By umm.... ok
09/02/2017
When you get the school puzzle finished, it says :" one of your master scientists founded a school! Your children will now be BORN with more skills! " So the scientist does not teach!
By nannerdbanannerd
09/25/2017
you only use it when you find a mushroom and no child so u click the drum and they come running to you and then you have them pick the mushroom.
By nannerdbannerd
09/25/2017
also like to say people still play this in 2k17. thats beautiful
By spork_
12/06/2017
Omg yes other people still play this game
By kellyboo
12/10/2017
I hit the drum,the kids come,but when i hit the drum the master scientist dosent come and when i put him by the school he just stands there and after a while he go and do something else.
By gracie rose ??
01/28/2018
My master scientist died ??
By birdtron
04/11/2018
I just want a reliable response. do they or don't they teach?
By mockingjay
04/24/2018
I played this game once upon a time, and I just came back to it and I'm having the same problem, although I remember having a kid who was a trainee in a skill, but I forgot how I did it.
By noob at this game
06/18/2018
How do you make the school?
By bingbongbatang
08/05/2018
The school is already made, it isn't something you create. The school is the long rectangle hut right above the research table. I also noticed that the Master Scientist doesn't teach. After looking on a few other sites I also saw that it doesn't say anything about anyone teaching them, only being dragged onto the building to CONVERT it into being a school.
OVERALL - I think ya just hit the drum and that must boost their skills a little to stare at the school wall :P
By kia
10/19/2018
you must have an Esteemed Elder. A villager that has mastered 3 skills. Only they can teach the children.
By yesse
02/03/2019
I have a master scientist with an adept scientist and I made them have children and the three of them were born with skills on researching.
By birb
06/12/2019
He teaches them how to research, it appears in their skills after they attend school, it doesn’t say they teaching but he is.
These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.