Farm Frenzy 3 Interview
[by Morgan, July 2009]
|Our friends at Alawar gave us special access to Kirill Plotnikov who gave some great new dish on Farm Frenzy 3 (and 4, and 5). Kirill has quickly moved up the chain of command at Alawar, having produced over 90 games. The Farm Frenzy series, Natalie Brooks - Secrets of Treasure House, and Virtual Farm are just a few of the successful titles he's produced.||Kirill Plotnikov|
1. What are some of the exciting new features Farm Frenzy 3 has to offer fans of the series?
We added a central player character and a storyline. We also added a farm with penguins on the North Pole, which was a lot of fun.
2. Why do you think farming sim games are so popular?
People grow tired of being in the city and love doing things with their hands, even if they have to imagine it through a game.
3. We love the way Farm Frenzy 3 incorporates different cultures and regions in the gameplay. The arctic region is our favorite. Which country is your favorite?
Thailand! One of our upcoming add-ons for Farm Frenzy 3 adds their favorite animal -- the elephant. That was supposed to be a secret, but you twisted our arm.
4. So... Have you ever tried a penguin egg???
5. We assume you've earned the gold ranking on every level. Are we right?
Of course. I know the cheat codes. :)
6. Do you have any secret Farm Frenzy 3 strategies that would help our readers?
I believe Casual Game Guides will do a good job of discovering the best tactics for beating Farm Frenzy 3. I was impressed with your guide for Farm Frenzy: Pizza Party.
7. Can we look forward to Farm Frenzy 4?
Absolutely! We already have the concept for Farm Frenzy 4, but not Farm Frenzy 5. Let your readers know we'd love to hear from them. In the mean time, once they finish Farm Frenzy 3, they might want to check out Dream Farm, our new online farming sim.
8. Alawar has said it plans to release 50 games this year. Do you think you'll hit your mark?
We're trying our best. I believe we'll make it.
9. Can you share with our readers any information about the new projects on which you're working?
We have a lot of projects on our list of upcoming titles, including new Alabama Smith, Natalie Brooks, Magic Encyclopedia and Treasures of Mystery Island games. We're also working on our most ambitious product yet -- a mix of hidden object gameplay and Civilization. Players MIGHT be able to get their hands on the beta by the end of summer. We're also creating a hidden object game in the Farm Frenzy universe. Get it? A Farm Frenzy HOG! (I think I need a little time off...)
Play Farm Frenzy 3
About the Game
Farm Frenzy 3 introduces Scarlett, a country girl who's as smart as she is pretty. Scarlett doesn't like how Orson, the president of the Farmers Union, has been pocketing the dues of farmers and then refusing to help them in their hour of need, so she sets out to win the presidency by helping the farmers get back on their feet the old fashioned way: working hard!
Long-time fans and new players alike will be challenged to sling hay in five countries, beat 90 outrageously fun levels, tend to 15 wacky animals and purchase more upgrades than there are ears in a field of corn! And as players grow crops, feed animals, collect produce, manufacture goods and improve their capabilities, they'll be treated to some of the zaniest humor and animation to ever grace a casual game!